Doncaster will move into VERY HIGH category, under the recently released local COVID alert level system. This means from 00:01 on Saturday 24 October, tighter restrictions will be in place to try and ensure we slow the spread of the virus as much as possible locally
From Saturday, this means that:
- People will not be able to meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting, unless they are part of one household or a support bubble. This includes private homes and indoors in hospitality venues, such as pubs
- People will not be able to meet with others outside of their household or support bubble, in a private garden or in most outdoor public venues
- Pubs and bars will be closed unless they are serving substantial meals
- Office workers who can work effectively from home should do
- It will be advised to avoid travel where possible, in or out of the region, except for essential journeys such as school, college and work. People may travel to open venues but should reduce the number of journeys they take.
- Soft play centres, casinos and adult gaming centres will close
- Leisure centre classes are not to take place. However, leisure centres and gyms can remain open.
Additionally, people must also continue to follow social distancing rules and wear a face covering in areas where it is mandated.
It is vitally important that we work together to follow the rules if we want to reduce the rate of infection in Doncaster.
A copy of the letter from the Department of Health can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.